Sunday, July 21, 2013

Nordstrom (Anniversary) Haul

I blame this haul on Discover.  Because of their Back to School cash back promotion Nordstrom went from 5% cash back to 10%. Thus, I felt justified in my spending. The products have not yet been sent to me, so I do not have a proper review on the items. I'll probably do a little round-up in August.
Here is my little haul:

  1. Aveda Wooden Paddle Brush: Needed a good brush that didn't say Conair. Yes, I've been using the same brush since middle school and decided it had pulled my hair out years ago. Switched to the Tangle Teaser & still feel like I'm balding after every brush-out session. I have really fine, long hair that seems to love to fall out or break off. I'm hoping the Aveda brush wont pull as much hair out and might even stimulate my scalp. Shameless Frapperies blog post made me want this brush.
  2. MAC 217: Soft brush that's been calling my name for over a year. I convinced myself that if I liked the eyeshadows I already own more because of this brush, I wouldn't see the need to get more. Do you see the flaw in this logic?
  3. MAC 226: Purchased for gel eyeliner and filling in my brows (?).
  4. The butter LONDON 'Lips & Tips' set was a total impulse buy. I had my eye on the mauve color and just went for it seeing that it was an "exclusive set". I normally would care less about nail polish. I only have 9, and most of them were stocking stuffers from past Christmases or from Birchboxes. Although I am not a polish addict, I like the idea of putting Trout Pout on my toes and putting it on one nail on each of my hands as an accent color paired with Yummy Mummy on the other 8 fingers. Does this idea make sense? I could also get crafty and use Trout Pout to make polk-a-dots on top of Yummy Mummy. I'm also looking forward to the coral lip gloss.

I thought about purchasing the Bobbi Brown Telluride Glow Set, but after seeing the eye-shadow palette in person I thought it looked chinsey and overpriced for the amount of product you get (4 grams, I think).

Have you checked out Nordstrom's Anniversary Sale? Anything catch your eye?

No comments:

Post a Comment